The global superpower, home of many internet institutions.
Ah, America! It is the largest natively anglophone country in the world (while India and China have more people, most of them do not have English as a native language), the only superpower in the world, a melting pot and mosaic, and... the home of the backbone of the internet.
What does the USA have? It has ICANN, which keeps track of the internet's domain names (Before ICANN's establishment, the American government did that). It has ARIN, which is a registry of websites in North America (it used to cover parts of Africa too).
The USA is the global superpower, and the internet superpower too. Many current popular websites Google, Yahoo!, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, 4chan, Deviantart, Bing, MySpace, Amazon, LinkedIn, eBay, Craigslist, etc. and former websites like Geocities and AltaVista are all American in origin. Also software like the Microsoft programs (Windows), Apple programs (MacOS), AOL, Usenet, etc. were also American.
The U.S. was originally a colony of the United Kingdom. The states fought a war of independence and declared independence in 1776. Through a deal with France, a war with Mexico, a deal with Russia, and a defeat of the Hawaiian monarchy, the U.S. expanded its territory.
Still active, still a superpower (Current president is Barack Obama). Currently 13,000,000,000,000 dollars in debt, thanks to years of reducing taxes, and increasing wars. The export of labour to China did not help either.
- Strangely enough, Americans and other English speakers (along with speakers of French, Japanese, and Arabic) think "America" is the country, while most other languages (Spanish, Italian, German, etc.) think it's the whole continent.(LOLWUT? America is inside north America!? How could this happen?)
- In the 2000s people in other countries criticized the US for military imperialism, particularly in Iraq - America, f**k yeah!!...?
- Its citizens have a vast number of preferences, some popular ones being Google, Facebook (especially among wealthier people), MySpace (among music bands and poorer people), YouTube, and Deviantart (which promotes themes like furry, which is the most popular in the USA).
- Having the internet to look for information, some are uncultured and some actually know, but are trolls.
- Because of U.S. dominance post-World War II and the founding of Arpanet and various computing aspects (software, etc) in the US, English became the dominant language of the internet
- Americans are fat... REALLY fat. The obesity rate is 140% and McDonalds is a national sport.
- If you're too fat to work, the American government will buy you more food and a motorized scooter so you can still get to McDonalds.
- Americans clap at everything
|This article doesn't meet up with OhInternet's standards.
Please help and rewrite it so that it doesn't suck.