Wikipedia's inbred cousin from Alton, Illinois
- Founded By: Andy Schlafly
- Blog: Unknown
- Twitter: Unknown
Conservapedia is an insane and poorly written American wiki devoted to the distortion of common knowledge by adding an almost laughable amount of conservative bias. Founded by possible satirist (we hope) Andy Schlafly in 2006, the site set out to provide "Trusworthy" [sic] content by removing the default liberal "bias" of Wikipedia and (according to Andy) every other popular site on the Internet. The wiki has been featured many times in Fox News and liberal networks alike for very different reasons. If you want to lose faith in humanity, this is the place to go.
At one point, 9 out of the 10 most popular Conservapedia articles concerned homosexuality (including an article on "Gay Bowel Syndrome"). Now, traces of homosexual fascination have been removed and replaced with such articles as "Hitler."
There are three kinds of editors on Conservapedia: Ass-kissers who suck up to Andy to get privileged status, trolls (many from rival site RationalWiki), and Andy himself. Many of the first group are also part of the second group. This has fueled Andy's already rampant paranoia, causing him to permaban entire IP blocks for even the slightest inkling of dissent from his ideology.
Founded by attorney and helicopter parent Andy Schlafly as tool for conservative American parents to use in the process of brainwashing their children.
A ghost-town by this point, though Andy seems as dedicated and earnest as ever.
- They believe that soccer is a socialist sport because the US never wins.
- They believe that Encyclopedia Dramatica had no bias!?
- They believe that Barack Obama needs to be impeached through armed conflict.
- They believe that the current English-language translations of the Bible are full of liberal ideas and therefore must be rewritten in a new English translation.
- The website is currently only available in English. Considering the America-centric, conservative focus and Schafly's micromanaging, it will stay that way.
- RationalWiki was created with the aim of discrediting Conservapedia, but has since broadened its scope to anti-fundamentalism and -authoritarianism in general.
- Andy is the son of Phyllis Schlafly, the right-wing activist largely responsible for the failure of the Equal Rights Amendment. Mama Assfly remains committed to undermining career women while being a career woman to this day.
No Liberal Can Resist Weed