It is delicious copypasta, you must read it!
- Date Discovered: Unknown
- Discovered On: The Internet
Copypasta (or Copy pasta, or COPY PASTA) is text on *chans (or any forum) that gets copied and pasted over and over. It works as follows:
- Someone posts something on /b/ (or any other forum) that riles people up.
- People see the topic and copy that first inflammatory post.
- Some time later, it gets reposted.
- Repeat ad nauseum.
Copypasta is the noun, cμntpaste is the verb.
The number of copypastas out there are immense. The following is a sample of them.
NOTICE: CONTAINS LANGUAGE THAT IS NSFW.
- Archive 1
- Archive 2
- Archive 3
- Archive 4
- Archive 5
- Archive 6
- Archive 7
- Archive 8
- Archive 9
- Archive 10
- Archive 11
- Archive 12
No one knows exactly when this trend began. It is probably as old as the Internet and Internet interaction itself.
There are countless varieties of copypasta, and the number of individual pastas grows by the day, possibly even the hour, thanks to 4chan.
- Replying to copypasta proves you need to lurk more