Copypasta's cousin, who lives in the attic and never attends family gatherings.
- Date Discovered: Unknown
- Discovered On: 4chan
Creepypasta is a general term used to describe stories told on the internet which are designed to unsettle and disturb the reader. The online equivalent of tall tales around the campfire, there are many sites devoted to the phenomena, and several memes have spawned from it.
Oh Internet curates several dusty old haunted libraries of Creepypasta. Peruse them at your own risk.
- For the best, see our awesome creepypasta
- For the entertaining, yet lacking in spine chills, see the okay stuff
- For creepypasta submitted by 5th graders, see here
- For the TL;DR, see the really in depth stuff
- Finally, for our very own guide, should you find yourself trapped in creepypasta, see here
Creepypasta has been around in different variations and called different things as long as the internet has been around. First starting out on BBSs and then migrating to usenet. Creepypasta has especially spread through 4chan, where it got its name as a derivative of Copypasta