Porn hiding software used by some on 4chan.
- Developer: Unknown
- Release Date: ??/1984
- Twitter: Unknown
- Known For: Hiding porn
Gmask is ancient software used to cover up porn photos. Some people use it to hide naughty images and some people use it to play a decoding game to solve the image.
To Gmask an image
- Drag a box over the area you want to mask
- Press random buttons at the top
To UnGmask an image
- Highlight the exact area of the mask
- Do whatever was done to the image in the reverse order, with the exception of M- and M+ which you need to do the opposite mask for. So if M+ was used to mask, M- is used to unmask.
Types of masks
- M+/M- - checkerboards that cancel each other out
- Fl - spirals
- Win - vertical lines, like looking through a smeared window'
- Neg - photo negative, can only be done once before canceling itself out
- V glass - vertical glass. Think vertical glass panes
- H glass - horizontal glass.
- H+V glass (QO) - combination of the above
- Flips - Reverse an image left to right or top to bottom
- CP - requires a password. This sounds nefarious.
Gmask originally came out for Windows 1.0 in 1984.
Not used very often, but the occasional gmask thread will pop up on some boards.
- Gmaskers advise others to mask in moderation so the masks are solvable
- Gmask the software is not related to Gmask the iPhone skinner.
- Gmasking CP will not make it any less illegal