This is the centralized location for all your help needs here at Oh Internet. Below are links to other help documents, policy pages, and other useful information that may be necessary to improve your Oh Internet! experience.
List of Internal and Help Pages
These are some of the most useful pages in the help category, and will assist in getting started if you're new to Oh Internet! or MediaWiki markup and software itself.
- Step by Step Help Tutorial: Great for complete newbies starting out with us
- OhInternet Style Guide: a more in-depth guide to creating and editing articles
- Bulletin Board: Our community bulletin board, where users can discuss nearly anything
List of Namespaces
- Oh Internet: - Oh Internet is the project namespace for official activities.
- Help: - Help namespace for instructional help pages.
- File: - File namespace contains uploaded images, videos and sound files.
- Talk: - Discussion about improving/updating articles with additional content.
- Comment: - This is a separate tab that ties into our blog software to allow you to discuss the article's subject itself.
See here for more detailed outlines of the namespaces.
We maintain a page outlining suggestions for new articles and content, which can be found at the shortcut OI:N.
How to Oh Internet!
As you probably know by now, a wiki is a site that anyone can edit as long as they sign up. All you need is an internet browser!
If want to get involved with building Oh Internet!, you should start off by creating an account. Make sure to confirm your email address.
So now you've got an account. Try reading the Style Guide so you can better understand what we're looking for and how you can help.
Feel free to play in the Sandbox if you need to make some test edits.
If you need help with this wikicode business, try Markup.
Users comfortable with MediaWiki, but not Semantic MediaWiki
We've got a guide for you at Migrants Help.
Need to communicate?
- Oh Internet:About
- Oh Internet:Basic Rules
- Copyright Information
- Oh Internet:Writers
- Oh Internet:Administrators
- Oh Internet:Check User
- Oh Internet:Bureaucrats
- OI:NOT (Oh Internet! is not...)
- Oh Internet:Contact