I'm so random
- Date Found: 2000s
- Used By: 13 year-old girls, Invader Zim fans, 4chan, Attention Whores, Idiots
I'm so random, or so random, is usually said after a string of unrelated words, such as "paper plate lemon surgical mask!", and whenever kids want to feel unique but don't possess the necessary qualities.
This is commonly used by young girls, such as Katy, and fans of Invader Zim, when they want to feel unique and unpredictable amidst their typical, predictable lives. They spout stuff like "cheese!" or "monkey!" at complete random, however the same words are usually used, i.e. cheese, llama, duck, monkey, and so forth. Pretty much what you'd expect from a 12-year old's vocabulary.
Besides just phrases and involuntary-like tics, there are also a series of behavioral phenomena associated with the random attempt. Often, the person will stand on their desk, sit on a weird rock, and randomly lay in the grass and recite bad poetry. 'Being Random' is basically a poorly attempted excuse for being an attention whore. Of course, when nobody is impressed by this distracting and frustrating behavior, the person is forced to announce 'Ha, I'm so random!' as to either attract attention to what they just did, or to lessen embarrassment for doing something stupid that nobody found interesting.
This behavior could be due to a mild form of Tourette syndrome that usually doesn't appear before adolescence.
- Llama monkey cheese! I'm SO random!
- Do you watch Invader Zim? It's so random!
- I just stopped and sat down on the storm drain! I'm so random!
- Is that a McDonalds? I want to buy a SHOE! Haha, aren't I random?
- She wouldn't get into the cupboard herself, and so I had to grab my 3/4" drill bit and 'persuade' her wrist a little bit so she'd let go of the wall. I accidentally slipped and hit her jaw. I'm so random.
- OMG the beltway sNiPeR attack$ were s0 rAnDom!!!1
- WAFFL3Z!!1 lol XD I'm so random!