I Can Has Cheezburger?
A blog created in January, 2007, and sold in September, 2007 for $2 million, proving that lolcats are srz bznz
I Can Has Cheezburger? is a blog, featuring lolcats. The site includes LOLbuilder, where users can add captions to images; as well as demotivational posters, fake newspaper headlines, and so on. The site capitalizes on the popularity of lolcats, and some argue that the founder, Eric Nakagawa, ripped off Caturday, but others have the opinion that ICHC simply brought lolcats to housewives, and other types who typically do not visit 4chan, and other places that may have lolcats, but with other content that would not appeal to this audience.
I Can Has Cheezburger?, or ICHC for short, was created January 11, 2007 by a Hawaiian named Eric Nakagawa. In June, 2007, ICHC partnered with Photobucket, a Fox holding. By September, 2007, the site was so popular, it was sold for $2,000,000.00. ICHC has 53 sister sites, as of mid-2010. Among these are:
- I Has a Hotdog, which is similar to ICHC, but features dogs instead of cats.
- Totally Looks Like, which compares images of celebrities with other people, animals, etcetera
- Pundit Kitchen, which is ICHC's foray into politics
- There I Fixed It, which shows "Jerry-rigged" solutions to various problems
- Fail Blog, which shows various failed attempts to win
- Failbook, which shows many humorous bits from Facebook
- Engrish Funny, showing funny attempts at translation
- Art of Trolling, mostly screencaps of trolling of Omegle, Chatroulette, and others.
- Poorly Dressed, pictures of people dressed strangely, often in public
- Know Your Meme was acquired by ICHC in March, 2011
There are many more not listed here, but check their complete list
ICHC is still very active, and gets 1,500,000 visitors per day. According to Wikipedia, the site is currently owned by Ben Huh.
- ICHC gets about 1,500,000 hits per day
- In September, 2007, ICHC was sold for $2,000,000.00