- Date Found: Unknown
- Used By: Liberals, Meme users
'Internets' is a phrase used by those that consider themselves to be hip to refer to the Internet. A joke states that the internet was invented by Al Gore, pluralized by George W. Bush. "Internets" was originally uttered by then-candidate Bush while campaigning. It gained meme status when he used it again in 2004.
The phrase "internets" is often used to make fun of Bush, the internet hip to refer to a popular meme, and people making fun of others with little technological grasp. It also has the usage however of a sort of "thumbs up" type of comment, where people claim they award others with some internets, to the point where there's an internetometer to keep track of all of them.
- There are rumors on the internets
- I will search the internets to see if I can find the number for Papa John's
- Grampa's gonna get on the internets one of these days
- Internets, eh?
- Sir, I award you seventeen Internets.
- +12 internets.
- You, good sir, win the Internets.
In Desu we trust
Haruhi Suzumiya has a grudge against the internet