King Dedede Drooling While Eating
Sears: Where quality matters.
- Date Discovered: 09/2011
- Discovered On: /v/, Tumblr, or Something Awful
Who the hell are those characters?
King Dedede is the main villain and anti-hero in the Kirby video game series. He looks like an obese blue penguin. Although he's a king, nobody seems to listen to anything he has to say. Aside from being a king he appears on various forms of merchandise performing lewd acts on the Waddle Dee characters. Pardon us, eating. That's right, he's eating.
And it was being sold on the website of Sears, a very popular American retailer.
Why was Sears selling this?
According to a Something Awful goon, it's actually third-party merchandise. It's kind of like how ArtsCow had the mousepad promotion that /v/ abused to hell and back in Summer 2010, except nobody took notice of this until over a year and a half later.
It's down now, though.
What would Dedede do?
Nerdbotmk2, a Tumblr user, offered an answer:
“What can I do for you King Dedede?”
“I NEED A PILLOW TA TRAUMATIZE DAT DERE KIRBEH”
“Well that’s what we do best here at Sears!”
The image was originally made by a Furaffinity user. Raise your hands if you're surprised.
This was either discovered on /v/ or Something Awful, maybe the former considering the OP in this thread said "Apparently these have been available since April 2010 and somebody only just discovered them."
The products may have also been discovered at Tumblr. Either way, what the Christ?
These things were collectible and limited edition, but Sears took them off the site. Maybe someone bought some for this holiday season.
Also if you actually got one, please take pictures for us and you'll be hella cool.
- Either /v/ or Something Awful found the products. Maybe Tumblr, but we'll lean towards /v/.
- These things have been available for purchase since April 2010.
- Has anybody ever bought these things?! UPDATE: Someone on SA bought the cards!
- This wasn't the first time a lewd image associated with Sears became controversial. A 1975 image of a man in underwear in Page 602 of the Fall/Winter catalog may have had a piece of his manhood peeking out.
- And earlier in 2011 Sears was caught with third party porn posters on its website, leading to criticism from puritan groups like the American Family Association.
Fat Son shows his daddy. Originally posted on Something Awful, edited by VitsankMorris.
The acts resulted in Dedede having his minion do a Ctrl Alt Del miscarriage.
Sears gets called out on its Facebook. And they even reply.
All nicely wrapped for the goon
- Sears.com: Purchase today! You should totally not click at work unless you work for Bad Dragon or something