- Developer: Microsoft
- Release Date: 25/11/1985
About half of the meme related images you'll see on the image have been created/edited in MS Paint. Not only is it free, but it's incredibly easy to use, and you don't have to slog through page after page of tutorials like with Photoshop. However, its lack of lots of tools offered in every other image editor ever means that it's pictures are often lackluster and mediocre at best, terrible scribbly messes at worst.
MS Paint has been a part of Microsoft Windows ever since the release of Windows 1.0, making it older than a lot of the people who use it. At first it was essentially a modded version of PC Paintbrush, but gradually it got new features and then stopped getting new features pretty soon after. It used to have it's own file format (.MSP) but Microsoft phased that out when they realized it was stupid.
Paint is mainly used in creating 2D video game art and simple meme pictures/comics.
MS Paint tips/tricks
- Hold down control and press + a few times to make your brush bigger. You should be able to make your brush go bigger than it normally lets you.
- You can make a custom brush by drawing some sort of shape, shoving it in a selection box, turning transparency on, holding down shift and dragging it around the screen. Try it.
- You can increase that custom brush size by holding control and pressing +. This goes for anything in a selection box.
- Hit control+g for every pixel to get separated by a grid.
- In Windows XP's MS Paint, you can get 10x zoom by clicking on the bottom line of the zoom box.
Advice Dog hasn't heard of Photoshop...
diamonster spent 7000 hours in MS Paint.