A terrible PR representative faces the wrath of angry gamers
As a public Relations, marketing, and sales rep for N-Control, the makers of a console controller add-on, Paul Christoforo fulfills sales orders and, allegedly as a courtesy, handles customer service for the small company. Unbeknownst to the company's owner, David Kotkin, Paul has been treating customers like dirt, insulting and threatening them through email. One angry customer decided to fight back. The customer, given superpowers by the internet, won.
The abuse itself has been occurring for quite some time now, with reviews being found on various customer complaint websites.
Rise to fame
On 12/27/2011 Penny Arcade co-owner Gabe (AKA Mike Krahulik) posted an email exchange of which he was part, wherein Paul acts like a colossal jerk and is subsequently banned from PA's gaming convention, PAX. The PA post went viral almost immediately, and most of the internet heaped scorn upon Paul, most notably twitter, reddit, 4chan, and the Something Awful forums.
Paul cannot shut up. At all. He continues to dig himself a grave by posting ridiculously misspelled tweets, holding the N-Control website and email accounts hostage, and emailing customers after being fired. Paul has lined up interviews with numerous media outlets and continues to stroke his own ego while fending off attacks from virtually everyone.
Numerous internet detectives have found links to steroid abuse, leading to the believe that Paul may simply have roid rage episodes when dealing with customers. Paul himself has stated that his bad attitude stems from stress related to the holiday season and his newborn two-year-old son, rather than anything else.
- I wwebsite as on the internet
- I DEAD SERIOUS
- knock your self out partner ride wallaby till and legs fall out and go walkabout
- You have the power Mike Please make it stop
- Appears to aspire to be featured on "Jersey Shore"
- Fits criteria for several personality disorders, including but not limited to narcissistic personality disorder and sociopathic personality disorder
- Is not really sorry, just sorry that he got caught.
- Cut Paul "@OceanMarketting @OceanStratagy" Christoforo a Break—He Might Just Have Roid Rage (Updated) (12/27/2011) Kotaku
- PR Trolling "Ocean Stratagy" Out of Business, Avenger Controller Maker Asks For Forgiveness (12/27/2011) Kotaku
- Straight from the horse's mouth; @OceanStratagy, Paul Christoforo himself, speaks (29/12/2011) Gameranx