Pretty cool guy
"I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything."
- Date Discovered: 12/2007
- Discovered On: 4chan
Pretty cool guy is a cookie-cutter phrase where media fits in as if they were those large jigsaw puzzle pieces you toyed with in kindergarten.
Tips of the trade (or how not to become a victim of your own noobness):
- The general structure for this meme is [I think] X is a pretty cool guy. eh YZ and doesnt afraid of anything, where X is a noun, Y is a transitive verb, and Z is a direct object.
- X should be the title of a media rather than the name of a character.
- Misspellings are encouraged, but misspelling "he" as "eh" is 100% obligatory.
- Vowels are subject to change.
- I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy. eh kills mumma brain and doesnt afraid of anything.
- I think Oblivion is a pretty cool guy. eh stops criminal scum and doesnt afraid of anything.
- I think Zelda is a pretty cool guy. eh saves teh princess and doesnt afraid of anything.
- I think Half-Life is a pretty cool guy. eh has a crowbar and doesnt afraid of anything.
The original "pretty cool guy" is Master Chief from the Halo series of video games. Master Chief is a futuristic super-soldier ("Spartan") who combats a coalition of space zealots known as the Covenant. The Halos are a network of super-weapons meant to wipe out all life in the galaxy.
"Pretty cool guy" drew its first breath on 4chan's /b/ board. It was apparently created by a gamer who had muted the sound in order to avoid waking his parents or took bathroom breaks during cutscenes. Either way, this individual mistakenly posted that "Halo" was the name of the protagonist Master Chief.
"Pretty cool guy" lives on to create more and more uninspired derivatives.