RFJason Craigslist Experiment
Men exposed by internet prank; troll sued
Craigslist sports an 18+ section for "Casual Encounters", technology's answer for going to a bar and picking up a one-night-stand. Jason Fortuny (rfjason) and his friend "demure" conducted what they deemed an experiment, by posting a provocative personal ad to the Seattle area CL. The responses were then posted to Fortuny's LiveJournal including the names, emails, and nude pictures provided by the responding (and horny) men. Scandal quickly developed when news sources such as Waxy, Wired, and Fark, all picked up on the story. A successful lawsuit was eventually brought against Fortuny.
Experienced trolls can recognize a hotspot for creating drama with ease, and in the case of the RFJason CL Experiment, the target was an obvious choice: an untold number of aroused men with dark secrets. Fortuny's false personal ad was supposedly from a "27 yo sexy str8 woman, 5 ft 7 in, 145 lbs (tennis player) long brown hair [...] d/d free, safe and sane" who was seeking a "str8 brutal dom muscular male 30-35 yo who is arrogant, self-centered, nasty, egotistic, sadistic". It included a sexually explicit picture supposedly of the OP.
Responses rolled in and were then posted to RFJason's journal completely intact. Some included face or nude pictures, often pornographic. Examples of responses included:
- "Hey I saw your profile today profile, it sounds like we would get along pretty well, and have a good time."
- "Nice cu_t and ass b__ch hit me back if you want daddy to kick your a$$ gt"
- "Seeing that photo and reading those words makes me want to come over right now and f__k you so hard that you can't go to work tomorrow. You are right that is one tight a$$ that you have and I would take joy in slapping that so hard you f__king wake up the neighborhood."
- "nice coochie,,, I'm over here in Kent and I'm a f__king bastard!"
- "it dont look to tight.. looks vialated to me. helllllo in there!!
- "listen you f__king c__t you aren't worth the sauce in my _____. What makes you think a 6'6" man like me would want to ____ a ______ ______ like you." OHi Note: this is considered flirting, apparently
- "Do you like Mexican! I'm 29yrs."
RFJason has been keeping a low profile since the successful lawsuit against him.
In the end, the experiment proved that a lot of guys on the internet are into kinky sex with hot chicks. STOP THE PRESSES.
- The local Seattle television news went so far as to interview one of the respondents. Firas Hazimeh who refers to himself as "Nate" is interviewed on the Komo station and talks about his experience.
- demure's involvement in the whole thing has been ignored by the bloggers and the commentors for the most part.
- This event is a prudent reminder that there are No Girls On The Internet.