- Alexa Rank: 90
- Compete Rank: 16,299
- Known For:
BTW, for those of you who say "I'm in China and I wanna use Facebook!" - Sorry kid, Facebook's blocked :) - It's either Renren or Kaixin001.
Still up, but it had a name change.
- On Renren one may select three to four users who are "special friends" - their posts share space in the "special attention" news feed which is dedicated to this list.
- Renren lists three or more "recommended friends" on a user's news feed page. This list shows the recommended friends' numbers of mutual friends and profile pictures
- On Renren you can see a listing of which users have recently visited your page
- Renren still makes the "happy birthday" aspect prominent; it lists happy birthday panel underneath the recommended friends panel
- Renren has already developed many extra services one must pay for; Facebook hasn't quite gotten there yet
- Chinese users have a habit of only writing to friends versus making a blog post visible worldwide, so the "note" function on Renren is more prominent than the Facebook private message equivalent
- The more you use Renren, the more "levels" you advance and the more badges you earn. These badges appear in your profile. Chinese people like to show off these badges on their Renren pages, making this a case of unwarranted self importance.