- Date Found: ??/2001
- Used By: Channers
'Sage' is something that can be entered into the email section of any futuba style imageboard to prevent a thread from being bumped. To do this, simply put sage in the email field. This started on 2chan and was from there ported to 4chan and every other similar board.
Sage can be pronounced sah-gay if you are a weeb, or sayj if you are anyone else.
The word itself comes from the Japanese word, 「下げる」 "sageru", (sah-gay-roo) meaning 'to lower'.
It should be noted that saging is often associated with butthurt. Saging does not actually help a thread disappear any sooner, so it is usually used to insult an op without bumping his thread. Sage increases the amount of time you must wait before posting again in a thread.
Saging does work on /b/, no matter what anyone tells you. Also any combination of upper and lower case letters, or even nokosage, will sage a thread.
- This guy thinks my sports team isn't very good? Sage!!
- Stop liking things that I don't like! sage
- Saged, hidden, reported, filtered, and called the cops
Saging makes up 90% of the posts on /a/ (the remaining 10% are meta threads)