Fly around and shoot objects in spa- Krystal.
- Developer: Nintendo
- Release Date: 03/1993
Star Fox is a Nintendo video game franchise from Japan that follows a group of independent, anthropomorphic mercenaries and their adventures in the Lylat system. The leader of the team is Star Fox, followed by Falco Lombardi, Peppy Hare, ROB, and eventually Krystal. The game series has created several memes such as Barrel Roll and I can't let you do that, Star Fox, which were taken from Star Fox 64. Another is a more drama related one centered around FurAffinity called Krystal Can't Enjoy Her Sandwich. Since the game follows anthropomorphic animals, the game is another cornerstone of Furry culture and is often the accidental gateway to the fandom. A large part of this can be attributed to one crucial factor.
Krystal, introduced in Star Fox Adventures, is a telepath who is the newest member of the Star Fox team. She is Fox McCloud's girlfriend, and comes from a planet that had been destroyed.
The furry fandom has a thing for immediatly latching on to any anthropomorphic female that appears in popular culture. So as soon as Krystal appeared in Star Fox Adventure, all the furries in the community latched onto her with absolutely no shame. She's been as much as blessing as a curse to the furry community, becoming both a symbol as a furry Aphrodite and a symbol of trollability to the furry culture. This largly culminates from the drama of the meme Krystal Can't Enjoy Her Sandwich where it was used to troll large or unattractive people. Krystal, much like a Siren at sea, has lured a many people into the furry fandom, whether they knew it or not. For people who are homosexual men or, in fewer cases, straight women, the male characters lure them into the furry fandom.
The series began with Star Fox for the SNES, with the game using full 3D polygon and being one of the very few that used them for that generation. This is where much of the popularity began, but the series truly became popular with Star Fox 64. It became fully cemented into furry culture with Star Fox Adventure.
A Star Fox 63 3D is planned for the Nintendo 3DS but not much else so far.
- Star Fox 64 is really awesome
- Made Barrel roll (never ever use that ancient meme)
- The main protagonists are Fox McCloud, Falco Lombardi, Peppy Hare, Slippy Toad, Krystal, and ROB64. Andross is the main antagonist. Star Wolf characters, including Wolf O'Donnell, Leon Powalski, Andrew Oikonny, Pigma Dengar, and Panther Caruso are also major characters.
- Fox McCloud is the vanilla hero who valiantly does what he can to save the planetary system and does not want to be compensated with a cushy military position (money is fine, though) - Andross killed his dad, James McCloud, so the fight against Andross is personal
- Falco Lombardi is a wiseass, street savvy guy who makes snide remarks when Fox kills the guy that he has been targeting, or accidentally strikes him
- Peppy Hare is a sedate fellow who was once James's right hand man. After Krystal joins, he remains, but not as a pilot (instead he's just an old man)
- Slippy Toad is a great mechanic, but a horrible pilot. Many American fans don't like his whiny voice and his pleas for others to save him
- Krystal... well, you read the above section, right?
- ROB64 is a snarky robot. Not wild like Bender of Futurama, but he has an edge
Sometimes Fox gets the f7u12 syndrome...
Andross DO NOT WANT Star Fox to ruin his plans
Lower right: Bitches don't know how important barrel rolling is!
Slippy says "GET OUT!"