Thank you for joining Oh Internet!
Before making your first article look over OI:101. If you don't, it is unlikely that your article will survive for more than sixty seconds and you risk being banned by OHi Sysops.
We realize a lot of you are busy or may be new to OHi, so here's just the most important info:
- Read OI:101. Seriously. The information contained within is invaluable.
- Sign your comments using four tildes (like this ~~~~)
- To answer a message, reply on the user's talk page.
- These are the sysops. If you have a problem, talk to them. They're here to help, we promise.
- The Bulletin Board is the community portal. It's linked to from every page. Check it daily.
- If you'd like to edit the site and create a user page, please send email to contact @ ohinternet.com
- Special:Upload to upload pictures.
- Active editors and sysops can be found on #wiki on IRC. This is the place to go for advice, collaboration, and brownie points.
- See Oh Internet! help for more info.
You do bring up some good points that I shall put to mind. When I saw what you did on that Daniel article and just kept listing that he was killed, I thought that was vandalism and making fun of the poor guy. If that ban bothered you, you could have gotten on IRC and talked about it in #wiki. Though I will take your advice and tell people before I ban them-- 00:47, 30 April 2011 (EDT)
- Its fine--
00:54, 30 April 2011 (EDT)
- You can revert it back but reword some stuff, also you dont have to list that the video went online twice-- 01:01, 30 April 2011 (EDT)
Dude seriously, this narcovideo stuff is good work. It's stuff a lot of people don't necessarily know about the internet and is often worth reading about and it lightly takes the piss out of the cartels ITG persona too. --GondorCanada 06:10, 5 May 2011 (EDT)
|Nice edits, e-pal
You are so awesome, I love what you did with Baidu!
Protofax 21:44, 5 May 2011 (EDT)
I just wanted to say that your knowledge of all those Asian websites is pretty damn impressive-Ket 04:18, 7 May 2011 (EDT)
- Yeah, I must admit it is rather interesting seeing which websites people in other countries, especially ones with severe censorship issues, use instead of Google or whatever. It's something I never really thought about until I saw those articles-Ket 08:29, 7 May 2011 (EDT)
- That sounds really quite different. I guess I take having Google available to me for granted :P. I also saw that you made a post on the Bulletin Board about making accounts on Orkut and so on. It sounds like an interesting idea to bring in more people, hopefully there'll be some discussion about it-Ket 08:41, 7 May 2011 (EDT)
ARE AN ASIAN WIKI-BOT.
- that is all
- Clerisy 07:04, 8 May 2011 (EDT)
Main image issues
A lot of the images that you're using for the main images are really terrible, and better ones are easily found just using google images. Main images are a huge visual to the page, and if they look bad the entire page looks bad. I'm fixing a bunch but it'd help if from now on you take it into account. Thx. <3 --JohnnyMak 06:01, 9 May 2011 (EDT)
- And change your damn avatar, it shows up everywhere, lol. --JohnnyMak 06:35, 9 May 2011 (EDT)
- Also even short sentences deserve a period. Sorry I'm critiquing you so much by the way, you're a great editor, you just edit a lot so a lot of small things have to be corrected. --JohnnyMak 06:54, 9 May 2011 (EDT)
If you find any places to download vectors for all the asian stuff - let me know - I'll tart them up a bit.
Nice work on all the asian website stuff, btw.
P.S. Get a damn avatar, lol.
You have to be a machine-man
- ^this. -hipcrime 19:47, 25 May 2011 (EDT)
Yeah the easiest thing to do is find a higher resolution image, they don't have to be huge, you can see what I found on a bunch of your pages, though a few are still not perfect, but just better. Google image and sometimes minimal cropping/recentering is the most work you should have to do for 95% of pages. --JohnnyMak 18:50, 9 May 2011 (EDT)
I fixed your talk page
dude HIGH FIVE for writing JenniCam. I had wanted to do that for AGES on ED and never got around to it due to my uni's blocking archive.org. I'll work on that article a little. Man, I really had wanted to nail that one down. At least someone got it.
yo yo yo
sup. you seem to know a lot about asian internet culture. would you please have a look at Nyan Cat, specifically the Nico Nico Douga tradition of anime figures bobbing to the Daniwell Aidn song Nyanyanyanyanya and try to improve the accuracy and ham handed phrasing of the "origins" section? -hipcrime 08:43, 2 June 2011 (EDT)
IRCget on IRC right now. irc.encyclopediadramatica.com. use mibbit if you have to. register your nick (type /nickserv register [password] [email]) and then type /join #wiki . thanks.
|트롤 - 2: 주체 아이디어에 대한 불멸의 남용|
Hey, I appreciate your edits but you've been going too far with shoehorning English language into every article through pipes. A lot of it is completely redundant and makes for awkward reading. From the point of view of a Semantic wiki, the kind of information IS good to have, so we might make a propery for languages at some point. In the mean time though, please stop adding it to pages and don't take offense if ptime or sysops revert a few of your pipes. Cheers and keep up the good work! -Wit 17:19, 4 June 2011 (EDT)
PipingBoth methods are wrong. The first, [[Japan]]ese, is against prevailing OhI style and should be avoided because it makes the mediawiki source look bad and could confuse editors who work with your source later on. The second, [[Japan|Japanese]] is incorrect because Japanese already redirects to Japan. Just do [[Japanese]] from now on. Also, you need to communicate better with other editors. Please get on IRC while you edit the wiki so that others can discuss your changes with you and help guide you into the normal OhI editing culture.
|트롤 - 2: 주체 아이디어에 대한 불멸의 남용|
- Oh and Vitsy, we're not ganging up on you we're discussing this on IRC (irc.ohinternet.com #wiki) it'd be cool if you drop in some time. -Wit 18:27, 4 June 2011 (EDT)
I'm surprised that nobody has complimented your avatar thus far. --PopeyeSquirm 22:10, 11 June 2011 (EDT)
I was told that you got 1000 points in one day on OHI, well, I have a plan to get 2500 points, legitimate points, in one day. It might not be for a while because I have to prepare before hand, but I'm going to destroy your record.
oh noes, you were supposed to be totally intimidated. hahaha yeah man, let's do it though.
I figure if I write a bunch of articles and save them on my computer until I've finished them, and then post all of them at the same time, I'll be able to accumulate a huge amount of points in one day.
Yeah, go ahead and add it. I just didn't want the article to be overly redundant with irrelevant info that no one cares about,
It's not necessary - and syntactically odd - to shoehorn nationality into every article, unless it's a specific trait as with Britfa.gs.
In the 'Origins' sections it makes sense to elaborate further, but not in the intro or summary. It just sounds clunky, and incorrect in English.
- I agree that sometimes it is necessary (although I'm not sure that there's enough of a mormon element to twilight to warrant trumpeting it as an American series), but generally speaking it just feels like it gets in the way a bit.
- I'd also like to point out that I think you are one of our best editors, and spend most of my time looking at your edits in amazement! Srsly, bro - the nationalities thing is a minor quibble - keep up the good work, and for the love of god:
Hello excellent user
What Stack said! Also man, you are a wiki MONSTER. Good stuff thumbs up! Crotchgoblin 07:40, 26 September 2011 (EDT)
are you on the forums?
that would be p cool. <3
I shouldn't have to tell you this. It's just another one of those "u mad" trolls (and I use the term troll quite loosely since he hasn't accomplished much). Just ignore it and move on. If he reverts or puts it back in, just revert it. Ok?
your articles are fine.
It's no big deal, but it's not really necessary. This is because that image could be used for anything, and if users need to know what article the said image is used in, there's a little list at the bottom of the image, below the File History, listing what articles use the image. Like I said, it's no big deal. 13:34, 8 January 2012 (EST)
It's a Chinese meme with absolutely no western relevance, that's why I don't really approve of it. There's nothing stopping you from making it, although I disapprove of its creation.
hiya. i think that the external link you provided is the problem. when there is an "=" in the URL, it messes up the templates. try a url shortener. :) -hipcrime 09:29, 7 February 2012 (EST)
- well shit. i didnt know that. you might ask Sherrod what to do next. but if i recall correctly, i think it's that "=" sign. -hipcrime 15:59, 9 February 2012 (EST)