The OS that poorfags and gamers use.
- Developer: Microsoft
- Release Date: 11/20/1985
Windows is a series of operating systems by Microsoft Corporation. It originated in 1985 as a useless UI for DOS then it evolved into a pretty good GUI that functioned better than it did at the start.
Windows is ridiculed by many for the fact it has too many virii and for the dreaded "Blue Screen of Death", a STOP error used since Windows 3.1 that terminated the computer, forcing you to lose all of your work. The worst OSes, the ones made fun of the most, are Windows ME (Millennium Edition/Mistake Edition) and Windows Vista.
Microsoft was founded in 1975, by Bill Gates, Paul Allen et al.. Gates convinced IBM to let him keep the licensing rights to MS-DOS. In 1985 Microsoft released a DOS GUI called Interface Manager, or "Windows". It evolved into a full OS by the end of the 1990s, with Windows 2000. From the beginning to Windows ME, the Windows OSes used at least a part of DOS.
It is still alive, with the current stable version being Windows 7 Service Pack 1, the next version dubbed "Windows 8" being leaked.
- Windows NT 3.5 (A Windows 3.1 without DOS) could run on a PowerPC.
- Windows is known for gaming, which is why Mac is ridiculed for not being a gaming OS.
- Windows Me could get a BSoD by just plugging in a USB flash drive.
- It's currently the most used OS.
- Windows 7 has sold over 300 million times.
|This article is a stub.
Please help increase its length!